Baker Intermediate School
The Baker Intermediate faculty and staff feel that it is important for students to dress appropriately when coming to school. All Baker Intermediate School students are expected to be in compliance with all guidelines of the school dress code. The principal, under special circumstances, may grant temporary waivers.
1. No clothing with obscene, suggestive, disrespectful decal-type patches, emblems, slogans or words, as deemed by administration, may be worn. Clothing that promotes tobacco products, alcohol, or drugs will not be permitted.
2. Hats, sunglasses, and head phones/ear buds are not to be worn in the school building. These items are to be stored in the locker during the school day.
3. Pants must be worn at the waistline.
4. No shirt or blouse that exposes cleavage or midriff is allowed.
5. Appropriate shoes must be worn at all times (no house shoes). All footwear must have a back strap or an enclosed heel. Heels must be of reasonable height. No flip-flops or wheels.
6. Clothing and accessories that could be harmful or dangerous to self or others are not allowed.
7. Pajamas are not allowed.
8. Book bags are to be stored in the locker during the school.
If a teacher is conducting a special class activity that requires special attire, the staff member will seek prior approval from the administration and contact the parents in writing in advance about the event and type of clothing required
Homeroom Sweep – It will be the responsibility of all staff members to enforce the dress code.
Students will be expected to be dressed according to code on the first day of school.
Students will be expected to be dressed according to code for the entire school day.
New students will be expected to be in compliance on their second day of school
First Infraction – Parents are called to bring appropriate clothing or pick up their child. Students may be given “loaner clothing” from the Family Resource Center.
Second Infraction – Letter or phone call home to parents by administration or the Family Resource Center Coordinator.
Third Infraction – Detention and/or other consequences as school authorities see fit
FIRST READING: OCTOBER 6, 2014
ADOPTED: NOVEMBER 5, 2014
REVIEWED: AUGUST 19, 2015
REVISED: SEPTEMBER 2, 2015
REVISED: OCTOBER 7, 2015
REVIEWED: SEPTEMBER 7, 2016
REVISED: OCTOBER 5, 2016
REVIEWED & REVISED: SEPTEMBER 6, 2017
REVIEWED & REVISED: SEPTEMBER 5, 2018